Chapter 10 of the course textbook discusses the importance of conducting risk assessments (RAs). Darril Gibson defines an RA as a point-in-time report used to compare current risks against the controls that are already in place. Although it is beneficial to conduct an RA often, there are challenges to conducting quantitative RAs. For this week’s discussion, you will consider the benefits and challenges of risk assessments with your peers.
· Using the internet, find an example of an adverse IT event that was likely a result of failed risk assessment and planning processes.
· As you write your post, consider the following:
· Would a qualitative or quantitative RA have been more effective in preventing the risk? Why?
· What controls would have been best to implement? Why?
· In what ways did senior management’s attitude toward risk influence how the RA was conducted?
· How should the company change its RA in the future to prevent this risk from occurring again?
· Further expand on the claims of you might think
· Then explain why it is difficult to conduct a quantitative risk assessment (RA) for an IT infrastructure.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more