find attached file
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
Portfolio Management (FIN424)
Due Date: 04/30/2022 @ 23:59
Student’s ID Number:
For Instructor’s Use only
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
General Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (
WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using
Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
CLO 1-Recognize the characteristics and risks of stocks, bonds, money market, and property investments.
CLO 3- Recognize the purpose and function of stock markets, interest rates, and international regulation.
CLO 5- Evaluate portfolio performance and risk.
Assignment Question(s) :
1. Compare the relative liquidity characteristics of direct versus indirect investment in real estate. Discuss three factors that affect the liquidity of both forms of investment.
2. Adel retired from his firm. He has continued to hold his private retirement investments in a portfolio of common stocks and bonds. At the beginning of 2015, when he retired, his account was valued at SAR500,000. By the end of 2015, the value of his account was SAR530,500. Adel made no contributions to or withdrawals from the portfolio during 2015. What rate of return did Adel earn on his portfolio during 2015?
3. Ahmad follows the automotive industry, including ABC Motor Company. Based on ABC’s 2020 annual report, Ahmad writes the following summary: ABC Motor Company has businesses in several countries around the world. ABC frequently has expenditures and receipts denominated in non-U.S. currencies, including purchases and sales of finished vehicles and production parts, subsidiary dividends, investments in non-U.S. operations, etc. ABC uses a variety of commodities in the production of motor vehicles, such as nonferrous metals, precious metals, ferrous alloys, energy, and plastics/resins. ABC typically purchases these commodities from outside suppliers. To finance its operations, ABC uses a variety of funding sources, such as commercial paper, term debt, and lines of credit from major commercial banks. The company invests any surplus cash in securities of various types and maturities, the value of which are subject to fluctuations in interest rates. ABC has a credit division, which provides financing to customers wanting to purchase ABC’s vehicles on credit. Overall, ABC faces several risks. To manage some of its risks, ABC invests in fixed-income instruments and derivative contracts. Some of these investments do not rely on a clearing house and instead effect settlement through the execution of bilateral agreements.
Based on the above discussion, recommend and justify the risk exposures that should be reported as part of an Enterprise Risk Management System for ABC Motor Company. (4 Marks)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more