Part I The Weatherman Is Not a Moron
Read the following New York Times article “The Weatherman Is Not a Moron”:
Answer the following questions with 3-4 sentences each, and submit on canvas:
1. Why do you think we are able to predict weather better than other things like economics, politics, or sports?
2. We are now in an era of “big data.” What does this mean and how does it help us forecast the weather?
3. How has weather prediction changed from the 19th to the 20th to the 21st century?
4. Why is the predictability of weather limited? (It is impossible to ever be able to perfectly predict the weather.)
5. What are some of the challenges of dispensing weather forecasts to the general public?
Part II Forecasting Methods
Take a look at this page that reviews some of the different forecasting methods for weather:
Answer the following questions:
6. Which method do you think results in the most accurate forecast and WHY?
7. Do you think it is harder to forecast the weather in Utah than it is in southern California? Why or why not?
Take a look at this page that shows NWP information from the North American Mesoscale (NAM) model:
8. Describe two (2) reasons you think that it is hard to use a model like the NAM if you do not have extensive training in meteorology.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more