These instructions are for the written extra credit opportunity: a review of a play other than those assigned for class. You may not write about a production that you saw at any other time other than the semester in which you are enrolled in which is between Tuesday, August 28 and Friday, December 7.
Your review must answer the following question: What was the main idea or theme of the play and how did the technical and performative aspects you are focusing on work to represent and clarify that idea?
(Please notice that the main question of this review is NOT is the play worth seeing. You may briefly touch on what you think the worth of the play is in the conclusion. However, please be aware that you have to clearly answer the above question. You are not judging the production merely on how you value its aesthetics; you are judging it on how well the play’s ideas melded with the manner in which the production presented those ideas).
Length: at least two, no more than three pages; text must be double-spaced in 12 point Times New Roman with one inch margins on all sides.
Put the following information in the upper left-hand corner of the first page:
THEAXXX [Your class number]
Date you are writing the paper
TITLE OF PLAY YOU ARE REVIEWING
DATE OF WHEN PLAY WAS SEEN
THEATRE ADDRESS INCLUDING STREET, CITY & STATE
3.Give your review an interesting title. This is the place to be most creative in an attempt to draw the reader into your text.
4.Every time you use the title of a play, like Macbeth, it should be italicized.
5. The latest date you may submit your review is the last day of class on CANVAS under the Assignment tab.
If you fail to follow the five basic (i.e. simple) instructions above, your extra credit will not be read.
General Writing Guidelines
• Write an introductory paragraph to establish your topic and pique your reader’s interest.
• Develop a clear thesis statement (main point) and make sure that each body paragraph supports that main point.
• Unite each body paragraph with a claim that supports your thesis (topic sentence).
• Provide detailed examples as evidence to support each claim. Oftentimes, one or two very detailed examples are more effective than several very general examples.
• Organize paragraphs logically.
• Develop transitions between paragraphs to lend coherence to your argument.
• Develop a concluding paragraph that clearly indicates the end of the essay, sometimes stating or restating the thesis.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more