Microsoft Project is the recommended software tool for this course due to its wide industry acceptance and its use in many project management professional roles. If you have not already done so, follow the instructions provided through the links below to download and install software or register for an account, as required.
1. If you have a Capella MS Imagine account, go to Step 2. Otherwise, see the instructions for registering an account at
MS Imagine – Registration
2. Log into the
Capella Microsoft Imagine WebStore
3. Identify the version of MS Project that is compatible with your operating system.
4. Download and install.
If you encounter any difficulties in the download and installation process, post a detailed question in the Ask Your Faculty Discussion in the menu dropdown when you click the image of your faculty. They should be able to help you or point you in the right direction for the answers you need.
Using Project in this course helps prepare you for future professional PM roles and responsibilities. Please use Project for tasks the software supports. If you have access to other tools such as Microsoft Visio, PowerPoint, and Word, or other project management software you believe may still meet the requirements of this course, please discuss your selected alternative with faculty.
Use the PMBOK® Guide as the model for developing the deliverables.
Part 1: Project Schedule Activity Sequencing
Create a diagram using software of your choice that shows the logical relationships among the schedule activities that your project involves. Note that finish-to-start is the most commonly used precedence relationship in activity sequencing.
In your activity-sequencing diagram, show logical relationships and consider the following types:
· Finish-to-start – The predecessor activity needs to finish before the successor can start.
· Finish-to-finish – The predecessor activity needs to finish before the successor can finish.
· Start-to-start – The predecessor activity needs to start before the successor can start.
· Start-to-finish – The predecessor activity needs to start before the successor can finish.
Part 2: Project Cost Estimate
Prepare a cost estimate or budget for your selected project:
· Identify the costs of each task and create categories (Labor, Materials, Contractor, Equipment, Misc., et cetera) to prioritize project expenditures.
· Identify and quantify:
. Constraints: Activities or elements that affect the execution of a project and impact time, costs, or performance.
. Dependencies: Activities or elements that have either a negative or positive dependency on costs, time, or performance.
. Assumptions: Factors considered to be certain, without proof, that impact project time, costs, or performance.
. Provide graphical representation or representations of budget.
Part 3: Integrated Change Control Plan
Design your team’s integrated-change-control-plan document for the project. Include the following items (at minimum):
· Instructions for setting up a change-control board and scheduling recurring meetings.
· Procedures for reviewing and approving requested changes.
· Procedures for managing approved changes.
· Areas that need to be updated after approved changes are implemented.
Use the software of your choice to develop the deliverables for this assessment.
This assessment has three deliverables:
· Deliverable 1: Develop an Activity Sequencing document using your choice of word-processing applications, including Microsoft Word.
· Deliverable 2: Using the
Cost Estimate Template [XLS]
, include the following in the Project Cost Estimate or Budget.
· Deliverable 3: Develop an Integrated Change Control Plan document using your choice of word-processing applications, including Microsoft Word.
· References: There is no set number of references required for this assessment. Use scholarly or academic sources where applicable.
. Deliverable 2: Use the Cost Estimate Template [XLS] provided.
. Deliverables 1 and 3: Use your choice of Microsoft Word, Visio, or PowerPoint to develop the Activity Sequencing document and the Integrated Change Control Plan
. All assessments are professional documents and should therefore follow the corresponding
Academic and Professional Document Guidelines
, including single-spaced paragraphs.
. Use APA style and format for any references or in-text citations.
· Length: Utilize the template for the Cost Estimate (Budget). There is no length requirement for the Activity Sequencing document or the Integrated Change Control Plan document.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies through corresponding scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Create a project plan, including all subsidiary plans, to deliver project outcomes that meet stakeholder expectations.
. Create a diagram that shows the logical relationships among the schedule activities.
. Develop a cost estimate document that identifies constraints, dependencies, and assumptions.
· Competency 2: Lead and manage teams, users, stakeholders, and sponsors.
. Assign appropriate activities to each team member.
· Competency 4: Establish change-control processes and use tools and techniques to assure approvals.
. Create a plan to set up a change-control board; create schedule of recurring meetings to review and approve requested changes and to manage approved change procedures.
Faculty will use the scoring guide to review your deliverable as if they were your immediate supervisor. Review the scoring guide prior to developing and submitting your assessment.
This portfolio work project demonstrates your competency in applying knowledge and skills required of a learner in the workplace. Include this in your personal ePortfolio.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more