Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Ministry of Education
Saudi Electronic University
المملكة العربية السعودية
الجامعة السعودية الإلكترونية
College of Administrative and Financial Sciences
MGT402 – Entrepreneurship and Small Business
Deadline: 09/04/2022 @ 23:59
Course Name: Entrepreneurship and Small Business
Course Code: – MGT 402
Student’s ID Number:
Academic Year: 1443/1444 H
For Instructor’s Use only
Students’ Grade: Marks Obtained/Out of
Level of Marks: High/Middle/Low
Instructions – PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY
· The Assignment must be submitted on Blackboard (WORD format only) via allocated folder.
· Assignments submitted through email will not be accepted.
· Students are advised to make their work clear and well presented, marks may be reduced for poor presentation. This includes filling your information on the cover page.
· Students must mention question number clearly in their answer.
· Read carefully Grading Rubric below for specific criteria: 0-5 Marks
· Late submission will NOT be accepted.
· Avoid plagiarism, the work should be in your own words, copying from students or other resources without proper referencing will result in ZERO marks. No exceptions.
· All answered must be typed using Times New Roman (size 12, double-spaced) font. No pictures containing text will be accepted and will be considered plagiarism).
· Submissions without this cover page will NOT be accepted.
Entrepreneurship and Small Business
The founder of Almarai is HH Prince Sultan Bin Mohammed Bin Saudi Al Kabeer who recognized the potential to transform the traditional dairy farming in Saudi Arabia in order to meet the needs of a growing domestic market. Numerous agricultural projects were developed under his guidance to achieve the objective of the company. Almarai stepped into the market with the processing of fresh milk and laban into the modern dairy farms.
The Company has invested heavily in technologically advanced production facilities and recruiting the right person for the right job. Almarai is considered to be the second and the larger Central Processing Plant with a new cheese plant along with it. On a daily basis, Almarai is capable of serving high quality and hygienic products to more than 43,500 customers within the GCC countries. In 2007, Almarai entered the bakery products market by acquiring Jeddah-based Western Bakeries. Two years later, Almarai started the construction of a new bakery facility in Al Kharj. In the same year, Almarai established a joint venture with Chipita and Olayan Finance Company under the name of the Modern Company Industries to launch 7DAYS brand.
In 2009, Almarai added poultry products to its portfolio through the acquisition of Hail Agricultural Development Company (HADCO). After investing in an excellent production facility, Almarai launched the new premium poultry brand – Alyoum. During the same year, Almarai made acquisition with Mead Johnson Nutrition to form a 50-50 joint venture known as the International Pediatric Nutrition Company (IPNC).
In 2010, Almarai entered the infant nutrition market with the construction of the region’s first infant nutrition plant at Al-Kharj. Recognizing that the best way forward involves working with acknowledged experts in this field, Almarai formed the International Pediatric Nutrition Company (IPNC), Almarai has recently acquired the entire project and now offers its products under the brands Nura.
The success of Almarai is because of its unique infrastructure, which includes farms, dairy, juice and bakery processing plants and also determined by the marketing and distribution expertise, all of which are working towards delivering a quality product to the consumer.
Product / Services Details
1. Juices: Almarai always uses the best fruit to make the juices that the customers love. It maintains good balance between good health and great taste. Mixed Fruit, Strawberry, Alphonso Mango, Orange with Pulp, Orange, Orange and Carrot, Apple, Mango, Mango Mixed Fruit, Fruit Cocktail, Mixed Berry, lemon with Mint, Guava with Pulp.
2. Home Snacks: Snacks products are the tastier and the simple one which would give relishing taste. Tinned Cheese, Butter, Ghee, Mozzarella Cheese, Feta Cheese, Whipping Cream, Tomato Paste.
3. Yoghurts and Desserts: Pure and calcium-rich favourites for the entire family. Desserts are made from 100% natural, fresh cow’s milk. Yoghurt, Fresh Cream, Labneh, Layered fruit Yoghurt, Stirred Fruit Yoghurt, Sterilized Cream, Desserts.
4. Culinary Products: Almarai provides the tastiest cheeses, and richest creams which makes mother’s work easy in the kitchen. Cream Jar Mix, Cheddar Jar Cheese, Sliced Cheese, Square Cheese Portions, Block Cheddar, Halloumi Cheese.
5. Dairy Liquids: There is a complete range of delicious laban and milk based dairy products for the entire family. Fresh laban, Fresh Milk, Flavoured Fresh Milk, UHT Milk, Evaporated Milk, Advanced Nutrition.
6. Kids Products: Kids products prove to be a fun and a healthy bunch for kids. Triangled Cheese, UHT Flavored Milk, Zady Drinking Yoghurt, Zady Flavored Yoghurt, Zady Jelly Custard, Zady Fruit Dairy Snack.
Almarai ensures that all its products are properly packed and refrigerated in proper temperatures so that the products maintain its fresh nature and quality. Liquid products are transported in those transports which has refrigerator facility so that it does not get spoiled by over time. Almarai mainly emphasis on quality. Packaging is done in a very clear and uncluttered way so that it is easily recognizable. The company distributes its products annually which covers more than 110 million kilometres in delivering dairy, juice, bakery and poultry products reaching up to 43,500 customers across six GCC states.
Almarai has long-haul fleet which transports raw milk from dairy farms to the Central Processing Plants and then it transports the finished goods from the production site to different designated sales locations. Almarai reaches to more than 42,000 shops within the GCC countries on daily basis. It ensures that the products are properly packed with appropriate temperatures for different products. The transports are specially designed so that the products are not spoiled and last for longer time.
Almarai transports the finished to small grocery stores and supermarkets. Almarai enjoys increasing incomes and demands that come from supermarkets where one shop for one’s weekly requirement in a single visit.
1. Conduct a SWOT analysis for Almarai based on the information given. (2.5 Marks)
2. Examine the 4 P’s of Almarai based on the information given. (2.5 Marks)
3. Critically analyze the competitive structure of the organization. (2.5 Marks)
4. Critically evaluate the product portfolio of Almarai along its USP (Unique selling prepositions). (2.5 Marks)
The Answer must follow the outline points below:
· Each answer should be within 300 to 500 range of word counts.
Note: You can support your answer by the course book.
You can use secondary source available on internet.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more