2. Which of the following must every method have?
a. a header
b. a parameter list
c. a return value
d. all of these
3. Which of the following is most closely related to the concept of local?
c. in scope
d. program level
4. Although the terms parameter and arguments are closely related, the difference is that argument refers to _____.
a. a passed constant
b. a value in a method call
c. a formal parameter
d. a variable that is local to a method
5. A method’s interface is its _____.
b. return type
d. parameter list
6. When you write the declaration for a method that can receive a parameter, which of the following must be included in the method declaration?
a. the name of the argument that will be used to call the method
b. a local name for the parameter
c. the return value for the method
d. two of these
7. When you use a variable name in a method call, it _____ as the variable in the method header.
a. can have the same name
b. cannot have the same name
c. must have the same name
d. cannot have the same data type
8. Assume you have written a method with the header void myMethod(num a, string b). Which of the following is a correct method call?
b. myMethod(12, “Hello”)
d. It is impossible to tell.
9. Assume you have written a method with the header num yourMethod(string name, num code). The method’s type is _____.
c. num and string
10. Assume you have written a method with the header string myMethod(num score, string grade). Also assume you have declared a numeric variable named test. Which of the following is a correct method call?
c. myMethod(test, test)
11. The value used in a method’s return statement must _____.
a. be numeric
b. be a variable
c. match the data type used before the method name in the header
d. two of the above
12. When a method receives a copy of the value stored in an argument used in the method call, it means the variable was _____.
b. passed by value
c. passed by reference
d. assigned its original value when it was declared
13. A void method _____.
a. contains no statements
b. requires no parameters
c. returns nothing
d. has no name
14. When an array is passed to a method, it is _____.
a. passed by reference
b. passed by value
c. unnamed in the method
d. unalterable in the method
15. When you overload a method, you write multiple methods with the same_____.
b. parameter list
c. number of parameters
d. return type
16. A program contains a method with the header num calculateTaxes(num amount, string name). Which of the following methods can coexist in the same program with no possible ambiguity?
a. num calculateTaxes(string name, num amount)
b. string calculateTaxes(num money, string taxpayer)
c. num calculateTaxes(num annualPay, string taxpayerId)
d. All of these can coexist without ambiguity.
17. Methods in the same program with identical names and identical parameter lists are _____.
18. Methods in different programs with identical names and identical parameter lists are _____.
c. both of these
d. none of these
19. The notion of _____ most closely describes the way a calling method is not aware of the statements within a called method.
c. implementation hiding
20. Programmers should strive to _____.
a. increase coupling
b. increase cohesion
c. both of the above
d. neither a nor b
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more